Wednesday 20 March 2013

What have you learnt from your audience feedback?



To extend my data, I decided to directly interview a member of our target audience. Although females were our predicted niche audience, the three questionnaire results concluded that females took to our products more than we had expected. I wanted to gain a clearer insight on what appealed to them. Interviewing a member of our target audience, face to face, allows good, honest communication - where the audience member has freedom to express themselves and their opinions. This is helpful to us, as we want to get honest feedback.
I decided to approach this interview with an informal style, to encourage a relaxed atmosphere and thus help the interviewee to feel comfortable enough to explain in detail.






The main thing that I wanted to do, was directly interview a member of our main target audience, which was male, 15 - 20 years. I wanted to know what they thought of the whole package, whether or not they felt represented and whether or not they were the wisest choice of a main target audience (as the results from the three questionnaires told us that the niche female audience appealed to the product equally as much as the main target audience). Again, a relaxed, social atmosphere was reached to ensure comfortability and freedom from restrainting their thoughts.



I decided to produce three different questionnaires, each based on one of the three areas of my production (music video, digipack and webpage) - despite taking longer and considerably more effort in analysing each question, the results were significantly better and I gained a more indepth idea of what the audience thought. I was able to draw strong, conclusive points that were backed up by data and direct quotes.
Questionnaires are very useful in revealing data and ratings - however, in terms of the audience expressing their opinions, a questionnaire would be limited. Therefore (as shown above) I extended my research into their opinion, to gather stronger feedback.



No comments:

Post a Comment